YES! Bradford Race is a GO!
Today, Friday was a crazy spring snow day. Baldy had a delayed opening, chairlifts were on stop & go all afternoon, Mt Rides stopped driving from 1 – 4 because the roads were treacherous and SVSC & SV Race Department wondered ‘race or no race?’
At 3:30 we decide that YES, the Bradford Race is a GO. The race is moved to the Arc Park, one course, two runs, best run of two counts, no race suits, bib pick up and late registration at Warm Springs Lodge 8:45-9:15
First Run Running Order:
- 12 and under – Women followed by Men
- 13-19 Women followed by Men
- Over 80 Women followed by Men / 70 – 79 Women followed by Men
- 60 – 69 Women followed by Men
- 50 – 59 Women followed by Men / 40 – 49 Women followed by Men
- 30 – 39 Women followed by Men / 20 -29 Women followed by Men
Thank you SV Company Race Department, Sun Valley Ski Education Foundation, Bradford Family, and Sun Valley SKi Club for helping to keep the Bradford Race a community event.
The Robert Adams Bradford Memorial Race has been a longtime race for the SVSC. We are excited to have the race scheduled for 2023. This race was started to honor the spirit of friendship, camaraderie and good fun by his wife and friend Rosemary. The two met on College when snow conditions brought Robert sliding into Rosemary who was taking a ski lesson. Yet, despite the mishap, embarrassment and no’s, the two continued to “run” into each other during their stay at Sun Valley. Then, as the story goes, it happened in Sun Valley. Robert and Rosemary married, had a family, built a house and shared many Sun Valley memories before Robert died at 52 from a brain tumor. Today, the race still honors the Bradford family and the love of the mountains.
2023 Pre-Race Sign-up Options
Join the fun, camaraderie and celebrate another year of the Bradford Ski Club Open.
- Friday March 10, in person, at Warm Springs Lodge: 9-11am and 2-4pm
- Download and email entry form to SunValleySkiClub@gmail.com. Online entries must be received by 5pm Friday.
Day of Event Sign-up – Warm Springs Lodge, 8:45 – 9:15